Sunday, February 1, 2015

I Remember

I remember the trees in the spring
I remember the smell of fresh cut grass
When the bees were buzzing
When the air was light
And it seemed as if nothing could ever be more right

I remember the heat of the summer
I remember the long hours of farm work
The beautiful drives home
The feeling of summer freedom
And the excitement that every new day brought

I remember the change of the leaves
I remember the bright colors of the canyon
I remember When everything began to get real
When I started the beginning of my final year
And not knowing what was in store

I remember the leaves beginning to fall
I remember the first time it snowed
When coats began to come out
And not knowing how long i could take any kind of winter

Now I’m here The sun is back 
And there is nothing left to remember
Now it’s time to live
Time to make new memories…

2 comments: